And don’t worry if you don’t like pumpkin. I don’t either, and neither does my dad, but we did like this.
Spiced pumpkin and orange soup.
You will need:
Salt and pepper,
- Fry onion in oil in a soup pot.
- Remove seeds from pulp and add the pulp to the pot. (Seeds can be saved and toasted with salt to sprinkle on things.)
- Cover in hot water and add vegetable stock (1 per pumpkin)
- Add a cup of orange juice and allow to simmer until pumpkin is soft.
- Blitz. Add salt, pepper and cinnamon to taste.
Serving suggestion: Add a swirl of creme fraiche and pumpkin ravioli (we used tesco finest, others are available I am sure.)