You can get marmite in your cheese and chocolate bars now.
(And trust me it goes very well in a tuna and macaroni bake.)
Of course it is an acquired taste, but if your tastebuds are lovers, or you know someone who is a fan then why not these? Rich and dark just like the jarred stuff itself, they have a light brownie/muffin texture but with a twist.
140g Caster Sugar
4 glugs of Olive Oil
12g Cocoa Powder
125g Plain Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1 glug of Baileys or milk
1 generous tsp of Marmite
100g Dark Chocolate
1) Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C
2) Chop up chocolate and melt in microwave for 2ish mins
3) Put the eggs, sugar and oil in a bowl and beat.
4) Stir in the melted chocolate
5) Stir in all of the other ingredients until well combined.
6) Separate into cupcake cases or moulds.
7) Put in oven for 20-25 mins. Poke centre to check it comes out clean.
8) Allow to cool.
For the icing I combined butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder to taste.
Decorate, or leave naked. Then enjoy. Glass of milk optional.